Inspections during the progress of work:
1. Inspections of one- and two-family dwellings for which construction must cease until the inspection is made shall be limited to the following:
i. The bottom of footing trenches before placement of footings, except that in the case of pile foundations, inspections shall be made in accordance with the requirements of the building subcode;
ii. Foundations and all walls up to grade level prior to covering or back filling;
(1) For new construction, a foundation location survey showing all building corners of the foundation and the elevation of the top of the foundation wall shall be submitted to the construction official as soon as possible after the installation of the foundation wall. It is not necessary for work to cease for the preparation and submission of this survey. A land surveyor licensed in the State of New Jersey shall prepare the survey. The proposed foundation location and elevation as shown on the original plot plan shall also be shown on the foundation location survey.
(A) Exception: A foundation location survey shall not be required for additions, decks, swimming pools, sheds or similar structures.
(2) For new construction and additions, the foundation location survey for a building that is located in a flood plain shall include flood hazard certificates as required by section 1612.5 of the building subcode or section R301.2.4 of the one-and two-family dwelling subcode.
iii. Utility services, including septic;
iv. Mid-point inspections shall include the following:
(1) Building Subcode: All structural framing, connections, wall and roof sheathing, and insulation.
(A) The framing inspection shall take place after the rough electrical and plumbing inspections and after the installation of the heating, ventilation and/or air conditioning duct system.
(B) For buildings containing roof or other truss systems, a truss system and permanent truss bracing inspection shall be performed prior to the installation of any interior roof truss covering material. Where the truss design utilizes the interior finish as bracing for the bottom cord, that portion of the bracing shall be part of the final inspection and shall be in addition to the components of the final inspection in (d) below.
(C) The insulation inspection shall be performed after all other subcode rough inspections and prior to the installation of any interior finish material.
(D) Prior to inspection, the responsible person in charge of work shall provide to the building inspector a signed framing checklist (Form F390) to be verified and initialed by the inspector and then made part of the permit file for buildings of Type V construction.
(2) Electrical Subcode: Rough wiring, panel and service installation.
(3) Plumbing Subcode: Rough piping.
3. Any additional inspections, as permitted by the regualtions and as may be required by the municipality, shall be of the type and nature that construction may continue without interruption;
4. Additional inspection schedule: Where buildings proposed for construction exceed two stories in height or by their nature pose complex or unusual inspection problems, the construction official or appropriate subcode official may specify additional inspections to the applicant in writing prior to the issuance of a permit and during construction in the case of unforeseeable circumstances.
(c) Notice for inspection:
1. The owner or other responsible person in charge of work shall notify the enforcing agency when the work is ready for any required inspection specified herein or required by the construction official or appropriate subcode official. This notice shall be given at least 24 hours prior to the time the inspection is desired. This notice shall represent an attestation on the part of the owner, other than single-family owner-occupants performing their own work, or other responsible person in charge of work, that the work has been completed in conformance with the code and is ready for inspection.
2. Inspections shall be performed within three business days of the time for which it was requested. The work shall not proceed in a manner which will preclude the inspection until it has been made.
(d) Final inspection: Upon completion of the building or structure, and before the issuance of a certificate of use and occupancy required herein, a final inspection shall be made, and any violations of the code shall be noted and the holder of the permit shall be notified of any discrepancies by the construction official. The final inspection shall include:
1. Building and Fire Subcode: Installation of all interior and exterior finish materials, sealing of exterior joints, mechanical system and any other required equipment.
2. Electrical Subcode: Wiring, devices and fixtures.
3. Plumbing Subcode: Piping, trim and fixtures.
4. Tests required by any provision of the adopted subcodes.