Code Enforcement Office
Our goal is to attain compliance with Township ordinances regarding property maintenance, enforcement and abatement to improve the quality of life for the entire Township.
Receiving a Violation
Potential violations are discovered through inspector's observations, residential complaints and referrals from other agencies. Once a violation is confirmed to exist a notice of violation will be sent to the property owner given a time frame to abate said violation.
Common Code Violations
- Deterioration and condition of structures
- Inoperable or unregistered vehicles
- Overgrown grass, weeds over 12 inches
- Sidewalks not being maintained, snow and ice
- Signs on public property in Right-of-ways
- Trash, debris and rubbish on property