Registrar & Health Services

See links to applications at the end of this page. 

Health Department

Hazlet residents are provided public health services by the Monmouth County Health Department based in Freehold. The MCHD is overseen by the Monmouth County Board of Health. Visit their website to learn more. 

About COVID-19
See the latest information on COVID-19 infection rates in Monmouth County, testing and related resources in our COVID-19 information section.


The Hazlet Township Health Dept. handles licensing of dog and cats, as well as licensing of restaurant food handlers.

For pet licenses:
Residents may renew 2023 Dog/Cat Licenses at the second-floor Municipal Clerk's Office weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  

Licenses must be renewed no later than March 31, 2023 or a late fee of $5 fine per license will apply on April 1. (This fee does not apply to new pet owners in 2023.)

The fee for renewal is $12 if your pet has been spayed / neutered or $15 if it has not. Proof of spay / neuter is required one time only for our records. Rabies inoculation valid through October 31, 2022 is required. 

See applications below.

Vital Statistics

Hazlet Township handles marriage and death records. Applicants are required to make an appointment to apply for a certified copy of a Vital Record. Appointments are also required to apply for a Marriage, Remarriage or Civil Union License. 

There is no fee for a marriage license. Copies of certified marriage licenses are $10 each. The office takes cash, check and money orders only. No Credit or debit card accepted. See marriage license application below. 

Appointments are taken Mondays through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please request an appointment.


The Middletown Health Dept. is contracted to provide service to Hazlet Township.

To report sick or injured animals that pose a health hazard during weekdays, please call the Middletown Health Dept. At night and on weekends, please call the Hazlet Police Dept. at 732-264-6565. The county dispatcher will route the call to animal control.

The animal control office will not remove healthy wildlife from property or animals that have made their way into houses; that is the responsibility of the homeowner.

Hazlet Police will respond to pick up dogs or cats that have become separated from their owners and try to find the owners before reaching out to animal control.


Monmouth County handles mosquito control services and tick services. Learn more about courtesy inspections, hiring a pesticide company, mosquito control schedule and maps, water management and beekeeping at the Monmouth County Mosquito Control website. To reach them by telephone, call weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 732-542-3630.
See document at end of page to learn more about the mosquito control adulticide application program May 1 through Nov. 30.