Links to applications appear at the end of this page.
The Township Committee acts as the Local Issuing Authority for Retail Liquor Licenses within the Township. The Township Clerk maintains these records on file and processes applications for transfers and amendments. List of Liquor Licenses from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
Social Affairs Permits
Applicant must be a qualified non-profit organization who wishes to serve alcoholic beverages to those attending an affair at which there is a charge in connection with the affair.
Welcome to Hazlet! New businesses must obtain a business license to operate in the township.
Dog & Cat Licenses,
Pet licenses are handled by the township Health Services Department.
Taxi Cab Drivers
Taxi cab drivers who wish to conduct business within the Township must obtain a Taxi Driver License (PDF) from the Township Clerk.
Taxi Cab Owners
Taxi cab owners who wish to conduct business within the Township must obtain a Taxi Owner’s License (PDF) from the Township Clerk.
Non Food Vending Machines
Any non food vending machine in the Township requires a vendor’s license.
Bingo & Raffle
Please be advised that all Bingo/Raffle application (PDF) submissions will require a mandatory fingerprinting and background check for all members of the Applicant who will be in charge of the games (Part "F" on the Bingo or Raffle Application) before your license will be issued.
Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 5:8-27
- Applicants must possess a current New Jersey Legalized Games of Chance and Control Commission Identification Number prior to submitting an application to the Township Clerk.
- Please complete four Raffle/Bingo applications. Each application must contain at least two original signatures and a raised notary seal.
- Submit a copy of valid identification/registration card, (Issued by the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission), along with your applications.
- Submit and attach four copies of format of raffle (sample) ticket (PDF). (Off Premise raffle only)
- Applications must be completed and submitted to the Township Clerk’s office ten days prior to the next Township Meeting to be approved by the Township Committee in accordance wit N.J.A.C. 13:47-4.1.
- Upon approval by the Township Committee, the application and applicable fees are forwarded to the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission (LGCCC) for approval.
- Licenses will be issued approximately 15 business days after the Township Committees approval, unless it has been rejected by the LGCCC, pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:47-4.3
Any questions regarding Raffles, Bingos and/or the Legalized Games of Chance may be directed to the Township Clerk at 732-264-1700, ext. 8686 or ext. 8688.
- Application for a Bingo License (PDF)
- Application for a Raffle License (PDF)
- Application for Coin Operated Machine License (PDF)
- Application for Wreckers License (PDF)
- Bingo and Raffle License Fees (PDF)
- Solicitors Permit Application (PDF)
- Taxi Drivers License Application (PDF)
- Taxi Owners License Application (PDF)
- 2022-2023 Business License Application - Fillable
- Food Handlers License 2022-2023 -Fillable Form (PDF)