COVID-19 Ratepayer Relief Measures
Certain measures are in place providing relief to ratepayers experiencing economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Service Shutoff Moratorium
Be advised that, until January 1, 2022, Executive Order 229 places a moratorium on local governments enforcing late payment charges and penalties on water or electric accounts or referring delinquent water or electric payment to tax sale. On or after January 1, 2022, charges and penalties may be imposed for delinquent payments, and any payments remaining delinquent may be referred to a tax lien sale held by the municipal tax collector.
- Bill Assistance and Arrearance Forgiveness Programs
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) is currently developing a Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). This program is designed to assist water and sewer customers facing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Further information will be provided once the program goes live.
About the Sewer Utility
Sewer rates are established by the Hazlet Township Committee. The schedule of rates shall include the rates to be charged to residential buildings, commercial buildings, industrial users and all other users of the sewer system.
Residential billing costs $99 per quarter; commercial bills are determined by usage.
Use our online payment system to obtain your sewer account information electronically.
- First Quarter Bill Covers Months December, January, February.
- Due January 1st with a 10 Day Grace Period
- Second Quarter Bill Covers Months March, April, May.
- Due April 1st with a 10 Day Grace Period
- Third Quarter Bill Covers Months June, July, August.
- Due July 1st with a 10 Day Grace Period
- Fourth Quarter Bill Covers Months September, October, November.
- Due October 1st with a 10 Day Grace Period
If we are closed on the 10th of any quarter you have until the next business day.
Our tax collection drop box, located past the entrance of Town Hall and to the right of the flagpole, may be utilized at anytime for check transactions only. For your own protection, do not leave cash in the box. Checks only.