A new community band is forming, open to young musicians in fourth through eighth grade. It's called Hazlet Pops Junior!
The band will meet for a 2-week summer camp and perform in Veterans Park and the Hazlet Swim Club. See more details.
Registration is now open for the Summer of 2021!
Please visit the Hazlet Swim & Tennis Club section for registration options.
Visit Memberships page.
|Hazlet Recreation Summer Camp|
Registration Day has been completed. Thanks to all for participating!
The Hazlet Summer Recreation Camp will be open to children ages 5 to 13. Camp runs June 28 to July 30. Hours are 9:30 am to 3:00 p.m. daily. Lunch is not provided. The total cost for the 5-week camp is $450 per child.
Hazlet Recreation Campers will operate under COVID-19 health protocols. Campers will have scheduled access to the pool club for daily swimming, recreational activities, and arts and craft activities. Weekly off-site excursions will also be offered at an additional cost. It will be run by Camp Coconuts.
Visit Our Parks
Within Hazlet Township’s 5.7 square miles are various parks to explore. There are 8 children’s playgrounds, a dog park, trails and a rare natural area shared with Union Beach known as Natco Park. These parks are open to the public. Our parks are maintained by the Dept. of Public Works. Find a park near you.
- Playgrounds are open, located throughout town.
- Tennis courts are open. Locations open to the public include Beers Street and Leocadia Court.
- The Skate Park, Hockey Rink and Bocce courts are located next to Town Hall
- Veterans Park offers restful vistas, park benches, a gazebo, picnic tables, and horseshoe pits. Through the woods you will find a volleyball net and baseball diamond. The Veterans Memorial is next to the Cullen Center.
- Natco Park trails provide a way to explore the natural environment, with many opportunities for birding and photography. Find entrances 299 Middle Road, the parking lot of Raritan High School or behind The Gramercy at Lakeside Manor on Route 36. Learn more.
- Hazlet Swim & Tennis Club is located next to Veterans Park. Learn more.
- The Henry Hudson Trail for biking and pedestrian use travels through Hazlet. Learn more on the county parks website.
Health Precautions During COVID-19
Please practice social distancing (6 feet). Wash hands frequently. Face masks are recommended. Refer to the latest guidance in New Jersey's multi-stage reopening plan on NJ.gov.
Recreation programs and events are suspended until further notice, due to the pandemic.