New! View the
December 2022 Hazlet Recreation Guide (PDF)
- Winter Break STEM Class for students
Explore Crime Scene Investigation using the principles of STEM in this 7-hour course, delivered virtually over Zoom
- Just Craftin' Around
Six weeks of holiday and winter arts & crafts. Dec. 2-Jan.20
- Pickleball for Kids:
- LEGOs - Built by Me STEM Learning
- Ready Set Dance
Adult & Senior Activities
- Tabata Fitness
- Pickleball: Indoor, Evening and Kids.
- Boot Camp
- Foundations of Drawing Class
- Total Body Strength & 20/20/20 Fitness Classes
- Active Adult 60+ Fitness Classes
Events & Bus Trips
- Holiday House Decorating Contest. Submit an address and photo on the township form by December 9. Photos will be posted to a Hazlet Recreation Facebook Page album for public voting between Dec. 12-18. The top 3 winners will be announced Dec. 19. Winners will also receive a lawn sign to display. View Flyer.
- Holly Jolly. Dec. 3, Saturday. 5-5:30 p.m. Holiday fun in Veterans Park. Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, enjoy live music, ice sculptor, face painting, holiday craft and local vendors. View Flyer.
- Christmas at the Playhouse
Dec. 10, Saturday: Celebrate love, family, and the magic of Christmas at Hunterdon Hills Playhouse. Matinee includes meal and show
About Hazlet Recreation
Throughout the year, the Recreation offers a variety of programs for the community. Our parks and recreational areas include the James J. Cullen Community Center, Veterans Park, the Hazlet Swim & Tennis Club, Natco Lake Park, the Skate Park and several smaller parks and tennis courts.
The Recreation Office is located on the second floor of Town Hall, 1766 Union Avenue, Hazlet, NJ. During summer hours, you may find the staff during the day at the James J. Cullen Center just across the parking lot.
Register for programs online via our registration system, Hazlet.RecDesk.com. New users must first create an account before attempting to enroll in a program.
There is a non-refundable convenience fee of 3% for using credit cards online and in person. The fee is required by the online processor, not Hazlet Township.