Recreation & Swim Club
Safe Sitter Course
This popular course is back! It will be offered on February 16, a day public schools are closed. This course is for participants ages 11-14. They will learn how to:
- How to keep the children and themselves safe.
- How to entertain children and prevent danger.
- How to call for emergency help.
- How to prevent injuries and basic first aid.
- What to do when a child is choking or stops breathing.
It will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the James J. Cullen Center, 1776 Union Ave. Space is limited. Sign up to reserve a spot today or call 800-560-9990. Fee $40. Sponsored by Hackensack Meridian Health. Download Safe Sitter flyer (PDF)
Let's Get Social
Special Needs Club for Young Adults 16+
Meets on Mondays, 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the James J. Cullen Community Center. Games, fitness, Pickleball, Parties, Crafts and more. Pre-registration required. New session: November 20 to Jan. 22. Email for more information. No registration fee. Download the flyer. (PDF)
Tickets are now on sale! Join Hazlet Recreation on a bus trip to Hunterdon Hills Playhouse. Tickets are $125. Includes transportation, the show, a table-served entree, dessert, and drinks (coffee and tea). The bus picks up at the Hazlet Swim Club at 9:30 a.m. and returns around 5 p.m.
- April 13 - Beehive - The 60's Musical, A nonstop, energetic celebration of six extraordinary women performing more than a dozen chart-toppers from Diana Ross, The Supremes, Tina Turner, and more. Download the flyer. (PDF)
- Just Craftin' Around: a 6-week Arts & Crafts program for kids ages 5-9, starting Sept. 29 from 5:30-6:30 pm in the James J. Cullen Center. The fee is $100.
- Martial Arts Program: 8-week Karate program for all different age groups and times, starting Oct. 3 at the United Martial Artist, 589 Palmer Ave, Hazlet Twp. The fee is $95.
- Chair Yoga with Amy: Keep your mind healthy and release stress through our weekly Chair Yoga classes with Amy. Starting Oct. 11 on Wednesdays for 6 weeks from 6 - 6:45 pm. The fee is $95 and it will take place in the James J. Cullen Center.
- Ready Set Dance: A unisex dance and movement program that incorporates Jazz, Hip-hop, and More! Ages 3-6. It is for 8 weeks on Monday nights from 4:30-5:15 at Perna Dance Center. Fee is $12 starting Oct. 16
Sign up on Hazlet.Recdesk.com or stop in the Recreation office located inside Town Hall on the first floor.
About Hazlet Recreation
Throughout the year, the Recreation offers a variety of programs for the community. Our parks and recreational areas include the James J. Cullen Community Center, Veterans Park, the Hazlet Swim & Tennis Club, the Skate Park and several smaller parks and tennis courts.
The Recreation Office is located on the ground floor of Town Hall, 1766 Union Avenue, Hazlet. During summer hours, you may find the staff during the day at the Hazlet Swim Club just across the parking lot.
Register for programs online via our registration system, Hazlet.RecDesk.com. New users must first create an account before attempting to enroll in a program.
There is a non-refundable convenience fee of 3% for using credit cards online and in person. The fee is required by the online processor, not Hazlet Township.