New Ordinance Sets Trash Collection Hours, Hazlet Tree Lighting Saturday, Natco Cleanup
New Ordinance on Garbage Collection Hours
The Hazlet Township Committee approved an ordinance November 22 which states solid waste carrier operating hours in the township. The collection times are now restricted to daytime only, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The township is in the process of informing trash companies of the new rule, effective December 23. Trash haulers who violate the new law can face a fine, as set forth in the Township Code. The Township Administrator's Office can address any concerns.
- The Township Committee meets Tuesday for a 7 p.m. Workshop and 8 p.m. Regular Meeting.
- The Environmental Commission meets Monday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.
- The Library Commission meets Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. at Hazlet Library.
Check the Event calendar for any changes. Find agendas in the Agenda Center.
Hazlet Township is grateful to the Monmouth County Sheriff's Office for providing valuable service from the Inmate Labor Program.
The unit collected 23 bags of trash from Hazlet's Natco Park earlier this month, bagging up bottle caps, plastic bags, takeout containers, beverage bottles and even an abandoned grill.
Our DPW workers hauled it away, leaving this treasured natural space pristine. Not only did they clean all the trails, but also the shore of Natco Lake, allowing Hazlet to be included in the 2022 International Coastal Cleanup movement.
The event was organized by Hazlet Clean Communities.
- Kids can take forensics or a crafts class over winter break.
- Artabilities and Let's Get Special welcomes those with special needs.
- Fitness options include indoor Tabata Fitness, which is a fitness program done in 4 minute increments.
Hazlet Holiday House Light Decorating Contest
Let's share some holiday cheer in Hazlet! Submit an address and photo of an amazing house on the Hazlet Recreation website by December 9. Public voting will take place Dec 12-18 on the Hazlet Recreation Facebook Page. The top three winners will be announced on Dec. 19 and will receive a lawn sign on their property to display.