Hazlet Township Newsletter
September 29, 2023
Bulk Item Day Saturday, Free Rabies Clinic, October Senior Center Newsletter & Events
Saturday is Bulk Item Drop-Off Day
Bulk Item Drop-Off Day is Saturday, Sept. 30 for Zones 5-8. Your zone can be found in your green Township Recycling booklet or by calling the Dept. of Public Works during business hours.
Know before you go! See list of acceptable items. Bring items to Swim Club parking lot from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Proof of residency (valid picture ID) is required.
Hazlet Township will be conducting a free Rabies Clinic for dogs and cats on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Dept. of Public Works building, located at 39 Leocadia Court, off Laurel Avenue, in Hazlet. All animals must be on a leash or in a carrier. Any questions, please call 732-217-8686.
To license your pet in January 2024 the Rabies shot must be valid through October 31, 2024. If your pet is deceased, or no longer living at your residence, please advise Hazlet Health Services to update records.
Town-Wide Garage Sale on Oct. 14
Hold a garage sale! Sign up on the township website with your address and items to get listed on the free Google Map.
As of Sept. 28, there are 65 homes listed!
Visit the Garage Sale event page.
Hazlet Senior Center Newsletter
The October Newsletter is out with many things planned at the James J. Cullen Center. Special events include a Halloween Bash on Friday, October 13; Breast Health on October 4; Healthy Aging WISE workshops on Fridays beginning October 6; and Healthy Hop Transportation program session on October 12. There's also a busy schedule of daily events and the October Senior Nutrition monthly menu. Get the newsletter here.
Public Meetings Next Week
- The Township Committee Oct. 3 Workshop is canceled.
- The Land Use Board meets 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 5
- The Oct. 2 Environmental Commission meeting is rescheduled to Oct. 9 at the Environmental Building at Natco Park, 399 Middle Road, 7 p.m.
Agendas are posted prior to the meeting in the Agenda Center.
Fourth quarter sewer bills are due Sunday, Oct. 1. There is a 10-day grace period for payment.
Reminder: You can now pay sewer bills through direct withdrawal. Previously, this was only available for tax payments. Visit the Sewer Utility webpage for more information.
Veterans Services Resource Fair
Co-Sponsored by the Monmouth County Division on Aging, Disabilities, and Veterans Services
Come to the Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan on Wednesday, Oct. 25 from 1 to 4 p.m. for a presentation provided by VA NJ Healthcare System as well as valuable resources from organizations including:
- Monmouth County Division on Aging, Disabilities, and Veterans Services
- Monmouth County Clerk's Office - Providing Veterans ID Cards
- Soldier On
- Bridging the Gap
- Brookdale Veterans Center
Contact 732-431-7220 x 7222 or email@example.com to register.
The Rutgers Master Gardeners of Monmouth County are offering two free virtual presentations next week for the public.
Hazlet Event Calendar
- Hazlet Senior Center - October Newsletter & Calendar (PDF)
- Hazlet Library - October Children's Calendar (PDF)
- Monmouth County Library - September Adult Calendar (PDF)
- Monmouth County Tourism - Events Calendar
- Monmouth County Parks - This Weekend & Nature Calendar
September 30, Saturday - Bulk Item Drop-Off Day for Zones 5-8 at Swim Club Lot. Bulk item Drop-off Information page.
October 7, Saturday - Free Rabies Clinic in partnership with Monmouth County Health Dept, 9-11 am at DPW Building, 39 Leocadia Court. Rabies clinic information page.
October 9, Monday - Columbus Day. State, county and municipal Holiday. Closed are Township offices, the James J. Cullen Center and the DPW Recycling Yard.
October 14, Saturday
- Town-Wide Garage Sale from 9 am to 4 pm. Garage Sale Sign-up Form, Google map and Information page.
- Hazlet Library Book Sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hazlet LIbrary, 251 Middle Road.
October 21, Saturday
- Natco Park Nature Walk. Meet at Trail entrance in parking lot at 410 Route 36 East. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sponsored by the Environmental Commission.
- Special Needs Open House at Hazlet Police Station, 255 Middle Road, Hazlet, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. Sponsored by Hazlet Police.
- Halloween Bonfire at Leocadia Court Park from 5 to 9 p.m. Family fun. Continuous shuttle runs from Lillian Drive School. Hazlet Bonfire Event page. Sponsored by Hazlet Recreation.
October 27-29 - Hazlet Haunted House at the James J. Cullen Center, 1776 Union Ave. Presented by Hazlet Recreation and Raritan High School theater students. Free admission.
November 21 - Community Thanksgiving Dinner in collaboration with the RAINE Foundation. Hosted at St. Benedict Church. Details to be announced.
December 2, Saturday: Holly Jolly at Veterans Park. Indoor / Outdoor Festival. From 3 - 5 p.m. Free admission. Holly Jolly event page. Sponsored by Hazlet Recreation.