Announced Monday, Nov. 9
Our the nation records more than 100,000 cases of COVID-19 per day, Gov. Phil Murphy said the state will take steps to try to prevent the spread.
"We remain in the midst of a global pandemic. Our country is recording more than 100,000 cases per day. We have to snap back into reality – this virus hasn’t gone away, and it is posing its greatest threat to us in months."
At a press conference Monday, Nov. 9, Murphy said that beginning Nov. 12:
- No indoor dining between 10:00 PM – 5:00 AM at restaurants, bars, clubs, and lounges
- Outdoor dining, takeout, and delivery services may continue past 10:00 PM
- Casinos must stop serving food/drinks at 10:00 PM
- All barside seating will be prohibited
- Restaurants may place tables closer than 6 feet ONLY if separated by barriers
- Individual fully-enclosed dining bubbles may be set-up for outside use
Also starting this Thursday, ALL interstate games and tournaments for indoor youth sports – up to and including high school – are prohibited.
"It is simply not safe for teams to be crossing state lines at this time to participate in indoor competitions," said Murphy.