Comcast has announced efforts to extend connectivity to businesses, remote workers and students coping with the COVID-19 crisis.
- Until further notice, all Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. Non-Xfinity subscribers need to accept Terms and Conditions to access the network and repeat when requested to continue to receive free unlimited access. Please see a map below for available public hotspots.www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- Comcast is offering new, low-income Internet Essentials customers two months of free Internet, normally priced at $9.95 a month.
- Also, data plan limits have been paused for 60 days. Customers have unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No disconnects and late fees will occur if customers reach out to customer service to explain they can’t pay their bills. Flexible payment options can be offered.
- News, information and educational content is available for school-age children at home. Just say “education” into the X1 or Flex voice remote. Information about the COVID-19 outbreak is available with the voice command, “Coronavirus.”