Tips, and free virtual support meetings are available.
Tips for Self Care
From The Hazlet Alliance and RWJ Barnabas Health
Self-care is important for building resiliency and fostering physical, mental and emotional well-being.
How can you start self-caring today for a better 2021?
- Get proper sleep, nutrition, and exercise
- Be in the present moment
- Find quiet time to relax (schedule it on your daily calendar)
- Engage in calming activities such as deep breathing, mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and walking
- Limit your exposure to the news and media
- Practice gratitude for the positive things in your life
- Celebrate your accomplishments, large and small
- Learn to say no to things you don't want to do
- Spend time outdoors
- Participate in activities and hobbies you enjoy
- Enjoy quiet time reading or listening to music
- Stay connected to others and cultivate strong relationships
- Share your feelings and experiences with supportive friends and loved ones
- Avoid toxic people and situations
- Reach out for mental health professional help right away if you need it
FREE WEEKLY VIRTUAL SUPPORT GROUPS
RWJ Barnabas Health is offering free emotional support services to keep both seniors and other community populations mentally healthy and resilient during the COVID-19 pandemic through stress reduction and coping strategies – for more information please visit the RWJ Barnabas Health Hope & Healing website or phone 833-795-HOPE (4673).