Mandatory Odd/Even Water Restrictions for Monmouth County
Due to increased demand for water during the heat wave, New Jersey American Water is notifying customers of a mandatory odd/even watering restrictions.
- If your street address number is an even number, water only on even numbered dates.
- If your street address number is an odd number, water only on odd numbered dates.
- Water early or late in the day to minimize evaporation
Customers are being notified via the company’s emergency notification system
- There are exceptions for watering of new sod or seed if daily watering is required (Note: it is recommended that any planting of new sod or seed that has not already taken place be delayed until the fall)
- Use of private wells for irrigation
- Commercial uses of outdoor water, such as for nurseries, farm stands, power washing, plumbing, athletic fields, and car washes
- Watering of athletic fields
Read press release.